The Zenex Foundation commitment to partner with stakeholders to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on education delivery and outcomes in South Africa
As a responsive and progressive donor, the Zenex Foundation commits to working collaboratively with all stakeholders in the education ecosystem to ensure that all learners have access to quality learning and teaching or to deal with the impact of COVID-19 on teaching and learning. The COVID-19 landscape is ever-changing and we commit to adopting a flexible and agile approach to our grant-making while still maintaining an evidence-based approach.
Our primary objective is to balance the need to support the sustainability of our partners, while responding to the crisis with contributions to bolster joint and government-driven programmes.
- We will pursue partnerships and collaboration in undertaking work that deals with improving learning outcomes. COVID-19 will require a focus on both learning at home and at school.
- We recognise that schooling disruptions caused by the pandemic will require a focus on both learning at home and at school.
- Consistent with our principle to build knowledge and understanding of what works and does not work in education support, all projects will have an evaluation or research component.
- We remain dedicated to continue working with implementing partners and schools through the COVID-19 crisis by:
- Maintaining regular contact with our partners to keep abreast of their organisational health and capability to continue work.
- Refocusing affected projects in consultation with partners and aligned to their focus areas and strengths, to contribute to the DBE’s Recovery Plan.
- Supporting schools (School Management Teams and teachers) where we currently have projects.
In pursuing all our work, we recognise that the wellbeing of our team is integral to successfully supporting our partners. We strive to protect and nurture the mental health and well-being of the Zenex team through this period.